Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tarzan for Hire

Today is mama-san day. That may not mean anything to you, but it equals freedom and a clean house for me! See, a mama-san (here where we live, anyway) is a sweet Japanese lady who comes into your home to clean and do laundry. Some even watch your kiddos! I am lucky enough to have one that does both at the same time! She is a dream!

Did I mention that she does all of this for 6 hours for about $50? Yeah, I know...you hate me now, don't you?!

Anyway, my 3 year old adores her mama-san! This morning the little one came up to me and said, "Mommy, is Tarzan coming today?"

Now, she has been on a Tarzan movie kick lately, so I am thinking she wants to watch it.

"Do you want to watch Tarzan?" I ask her.

"Noooooo", she says in a tone as if I am the dumbest Mom evah, "is Tarzan coming here today?" This time she actually emphasized the words coming here.

"Um, no," I replied, thinking how much trouble I would be in with my dear hubby if I invited some hunky man dressed only in a loin cloth over to clean the house and watch our kiddo! Hummm...does anyone know of anyone...

Then, it came to me...she means Mama-san!!! Well, Mama-san is very superhuman, with her multi-tasking and all...but she is NOT Tarzan!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe such a cute story ........ if I find a hunk in a loin cloth I would be keeping before I let you know lol

Patti said...

Your blog is super cute! I love Tarzan, the movie and any real-life immitators...ha!

Jen said...

Just found your blog...I admit I was lured by the monkey name (I call my kids monkeys...) so I thought I'd say hi. And I totally need a Tarzan...