Saturday, September 13, 2008

Vacancy

At my house, dinner conversation is well...interesting! We can go from talking about road kill (yes, seriously...I will have to post that one later), to talking about sports. Last night was no exception...

My darling 6 year old daughter says, "Mom, you know what I did when I was 4?"

Oh gosh, do I really want to know the answer to this question?! Hesitantly, I say, "No, what?"

"Well," she says, "since I did not want to wash my hands after I went to the bathroom, I just peed in the cup, poured it down the toilet and flushed!"

Oh, how I wish I was making this up...

Anyway, I said, "Are you kidding me? Are you serious?!"

"Ummm...yeah," she says, "I am serious."

"Oh my...well what cup did you use? A paper cup?" Again, I don't really want to know the answer, because I know it is going not be any of the aforementioned options.

"No, the cup in the bathroom," she answers as if I am completely dumb for asking such a question. I mean, we don't even have paper cups in the house.

"The one with flowers on it...that you use every night when you brush your teeth?" I hesitantly ask for clarification that again, I do not really want!

"Yes, that's the one!"

Can you just picture my face right now? Oh yeah...needless to say, we had to have a serious conversation about how GROSS that is! And why would using a cup exempt you from washing your hands??!!! Blech...

We are still hoping that even after this story, people will want to come visit us! We have room!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG!!! Kids are so innocent aren't they? They do things that in their mind are right and normal! LOL NOT! ROFL

cashNmoose said...

This is great! Should I bring my own cup to your house... I know kids climb counters to get into cupboards... Wow... and "when I was 4?" Her mind is fascinating!