Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Imagine Birthday Princesses!


By an act of divine intervention (well, really our movers but there must have been a higher power involved...) my Cricut Expression died on the day of the HSN Imagine release. Really, I had to do it. My household would not function without an electronic die cutter. Period. :)

If you have yet to sneak a peek at one of these machines, you probably want to close your eyes! It is sooooo cool! It prints images then cuts them out to perfection! Admittedly, had my Expression not bit the dust, I would not have shelled out the money for it. But I am so glad I did. :)

On short notice, I was asked to make cards for 2 little birthday princesses. I decided to use the Imagine so I would not have to color anything. I chose the images, told it to cut, and viola! I just matched up the papers and had these done in like 30 minutes total. (The stickles actually took longer to dry than it did to make the cards!)

Rumor has it the princesses loved them...or maybe it was just the sugar high after the cake!

Supplies used are just Stampin UP paper, sentiment & linen thread, buttons, stickles and the Best Friends cartridge for my Imagine.

Thanks for stopping by today!

22 comments:

Becky said...

These are absolutely adorable! I never heard of an Imagine, but it sounds great.

Donna Heber said...

Pretty birthday cards. Love the glitter on the balloons!

Pam~ said...

Ok, I'm impressed ... lucky you! Your cards are soooo cute!

KER said...

what princess wouldn't love these cute cards...i wish the imagine was going to be on sale @ Micheal's for thanksgiving/black friday...but nope just the V1 and the gypsy

Laura VanVleet said...

Gotta love stickles!! Such cute princess cards! Love the colors you used. Adorable!

CathyRose said...

Oh my goodness! Fab-U-lous! The cards are just too cute. Good for you, having a new toy to play with!

gale said...

Those are adorable!! So far I have resisted the lure of the Cricut Imagine. lol

Gina Lindsay said...

Oh i am jealous, I have heard that it's a pretty awesome machine. Great cards!

Rhonda Langley said...

Congrats on your new toy! What great princess cards! Beautiful colors & glitter!

Karen Howard said...

These are darling! Love both your cards! Hugs, Karen

deb famularo said...

Beautiful cards!! And YaY for HSN!Enjoy your new toy, and Happy Thanksgiving! Hope the nIners can pull out a W tomorrow! XoxO

Jessika said...

Adorable! *Almost* makes me want to shell out the cash for an imagine. LOL...glad the princesses liked their cards!

Heather B said...

Those are cute!

Anonymous said...

Very cute cards. I know what you mean aobut every house needing a die cut machine. I have a cricut, a cuttlebug, a slice, and will probably be getting a Big Shot soon. I think I also need to find a group to kick this habit, lol. Nah, I'd go crazy without it.

Tina Connolly said...

These are adorable. Wow, very professional, and ultra cute!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So this machine cuts AND colors?? Your cards are absolutely adorable! Enjoy playing with that new toy...I'm not going to Google it...nope...okay, maybe... :)

Louise F NZ said...

These are just so cute, really great job with the cricut.

Karen said...

OH you lucky girl, you!! Those cards are so fun & cute....love how bright & cheerful they are. And my wee girl is ooo'ing & ahhh'ing over the tiara. lol (My best friend is here visiting & when she got here, we girl came out of her room with a tiara, scepter, heart ring, Disney princess bracelet, and purple fairy wings on her back.........she accessorized just for her 'Auntie's' visit! So, you can probably see why she can spot a tiara from across the room! hahaha)

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! :>:>

deb famularo said...

Hooe you are having a great weekend! Do I dare say, Go Niners? I'll be thinking of you Monday night!!! xOxO

thescrapmaster said...

I am so glad we are Imagine buddies too!! So .. . since it is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas, I am ready for your Christmas story :) I am waiting. I love that story every year!!
Hugs,
Samantha

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

The Princess cards are adorable. Who would not like those?

Patty Gorka said...

Super cute cards, they turned out perfectly. So sorry to hear that your cricut died, but at least it was on the day of the HSN release, right!??.

I have to start using my circut again, I've only played with it a few times and hubby isn't too happy because of how expensive it was.