Monday, November 29, 2010

Flutter By Thanks

It has been a while since I played along with Flutter By Wednesday's challenge. This week it was meant to be, as I just purchased a new stamp from Mikes that was waiting to catch some ink!

The theme this week was to make a thank you card; how appropriate for the time of year! Speaking of, I hope all my American friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I was absent from blogland for a while due to a freak ice storm, worst in 70 years, that closed the schools all week. I had not planned to have little ones running around, thus my creative time was limited to say the least! Plus, I had to get busy in the kitchen!

Alright, back to the card...my favorite thing is to make the butterflies 3D...and blingy! You can't really see it, but I put stickles on the butterflies to help accent them. (Well, really because I have a little addiction to glitter...)

Stamps: On Butterfly Wings (Hampton Art), Sentiment (PTI)
Paper: PTI White, Lavender Lace, Garden Green
Ink: Copics to color, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Crystal Effect, Stickles, Ribbon from the stash


Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Louise F NZ said...

Fabulous card! Love the 3D butterfly and gorgeous colours. Hope your Thanksgiving was fantastic! xox

Gina Lindsay said...

Just gorgeous! Love the colors especially. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog today!

Karen said...

I wouldn't have thought to put those colors together, including the black, but I LOVE it...I literally gasped when your blog opened!! :>

So, there's enough money up there to keep schools open Thanksgiving week......when there isn't a record breaking snow storm, of course! We were out all week for TDay vaca + the beginning of the week off for Budget Cut Days (plus another Budget Cut Day around Vetern's Day weekend earlier in the month).

I must go now. I have to go root for not "the" team, but "your" team as I absolutely will not, cannot cheer for a pajama clad, baseball named team!!!! hahahaha

Karen Howard said...

Fantastic card, love the butterfly! I smile every time I see your blog template! Hugs, Karen

Becki B said...

Glitter is not the only the you are addicted to LOL!!! Love the blue and green and LOVE the glittery butterfly!

KER said...

gorgeous...love the black & white under the butterflies

Grace said...

Oh this is gorgeous!!! Your colors are so rich and yummy! Love the stickles! We all love glitter!!! It was so good to see you tonight! I miss the "group" and trust all are well!!! I'd love a snow storm about now! We're having tornados and violent stuff like summer! Then after that goes through it will drop to the 30s! Strange weather but I'm ready for a little white stuff! Hope you enjoyed those little ones while they were home!
hugs,
grace

Pam~ said...

Very impressive card! So elegant and classy!

Becky said...

What a fabulous card. love the design and colors.

Diane Noble said...

Love it and the black really makes the other colors pop. When I clicked on the image to enlarge the glitter shows very well. Beautiful card...as always!!! You are so talented my friend!

Carrie said...

That butterfly is GORGEOUS. I love the sparkle. Great colors on this card too.

gale said...

Wow, this is beautiful!!

Donna Heber said...

Beautiful card! I love how you did the butterfly and the shimmer.

Patty Gorka said...

Gorgeous butterfly card, and I've been using a lot of glitter lately too.