Thursday, October 29, 2009

Back on this Side of the World


Alright, so I have been back for a couple of weeks now. I honestly tried to blog sooner, but as anticipated, the jet lag, work and 3 things I call "children" have been rather distracting! ;)

California was truly awesome! I hit the ground running...first stop after the airport was In & Out Burger and it was just as I (and my arteries) remembered. From there I hit Target...twice! The next few days were spent shopping, eating, shopping, seeing my friends & family, shopping, and eating. Oh, did I mention I went shopping? 5 days was certainly NOT enough time. If I only had 2 more days, the damage I could have done...

A highlight of my trip was getting to meet up with 3 other ladies I met online through SplitCoastStampers. We met up in San Francisco at the Cheesecake Factory! As with all "good" crafters, we like our cheesecake! ;) We had so much fun talking, eating and walking around the city. They humored me as I browsed in H&M and the Gap! Internet shopping is great, but there is nothing like actually being able to see the clothes in real life!



Yes, I left my heart in San Francisco, but enough about my trip! Here is the info about the card posted above I made prior to my vacation.

Stamps: 91034-X Inkadinkado
Paper: Kraft, Basic Black, More Mustard, Naturals White
Ink: Palette Noir, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Accessories: Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Stickles, misc black ribbon

And yes, I was WELL over the 100 Paper Project Challenge when I left, so I did buy some paper! And some ribbon...my newest obsession. Hey, it weighs less than paper so it is not as bad, right?!! ;)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it back okay and had a great time. I've been checking your blog daily to see if you've posted.

Your card is great. Love the colors and the layout.

Gina Lindsay said...

Ribbon is a dangerous addiction. I never thought anything could exceed my paper collection, but I could circle the earth a few times with my ribbon collection!

Love your butterfly card!

gale said...

ooh In-n-Out Burger is our FAVORITE! We ate there a lot when we were out west-I wish they had them here. Your card is gorgeous!!

Kay said...

Welcome back! I know just what you mean about that jet lag - that and trying to get back in the groove of things. I'm so glad you had a fab time and that you still have some money left. Now, let's talk about ribbon...

Cassie_lu said...

Glad to hear you had a good time on your trip. The card you posted is wonderful and I really like the pop of color you have with it.

Becki B said...

Funny I live in California and I have only been to In-N-Out once, and it was 7 miles from my house. How bad is that? You made a card? I was so zoned in on the cheesecake, oh yeah, great card Sio! LOL

Karen said...

Glad to hear you made it back all fine and dandy....oh, minus the jet lag, of course! I hear ya on the ribbon obsession...I cannot seem to get enough of it. And when I tell myself that I have way more than I'll even use, I realize I'm missing 'just this' or 'just that' color. Sigh. Oh well, I love it so. :>

Love the sparkle on your popped out butterflies on your fab card! :>

peggysue said...

I am glad you had a good trip, I've never been to San Fran, but would like to sometime. That cheesecake put calories on my hips just looking at it, you really should post a warning or something. Ribbon? Does my ribbon drawer still shut? Why, I believe it does and it is AMAZING how much ribbon you can cram into a small space . . . I'm thinking of commissioning a scientific study to examine the compression factor in my ribbon drawer.

laos348 said...

Very cool card - I like the spots of color you added. Glad you had a good visit - now you need to come visit us on the East Coast!

Naomi said...

I am SO glad to hear that your trip was so wonderful!!! Sounds like you had an absolute blast here on US soil! Wish I lived on the West Coast, I would have made a point to see you! I am now craving a good cheesecake, BTW! I LOVE your card. The black and white with just a pop of color is perfect!!!

Diane Noble said...

Ahhhh....yes, the cheesecake factory. An excellent place to meet. So glad you had a wonderful time.

CathyRose said...

Welcome back! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. It is good to have you back in blogland. Great card!

Grace said...

Well first off I'm so glad you had a great trip! I love your card!!! You always manage to make a beauty!!! I'd say ribbon and paper are a great obsession! That's much better than cheesecake... though I could obsess over that too!

Anonymous said...

Hey, what you been up to? I've missed your posts. I hope all is well with you and your family.

theneon said...

Another beautiful card -- I was beginning to worry that you had abandoned your card making in favor of eating cheesecake! But I am relieved to see that it is ribbon that has you all "bound up."

Jenn Embry said...

Beautiful card! I love it. So very elegant. I confess I too have a ribbon addiction. :)But I like that particular addiction so I don't even try to reform. LOL

Jess said...

I make a mean cheesecake... I will have to make the next crop and bring my 6 hours to make cheesecake. :)