Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mocha Coffee

Oh my...I apologize for being MIA. It is that time of year, I think!

This week started out well enough...I spent last weekend actually scrapbooking and got several pages done. I am well below my annual goal, but I still have 27 days to meet it! LOL Then it seems the you-know-what hit the fan, compiled with my normal Mom's Taxi schedule, time just got away from me!

It seems like when life gets really chaotic, something happens to make you slow down and take notice. For instance, today I was at a BIG Holiday function my club coordinates. We invite Japanese guests and treat them to a fabulous lunch, complete with Holiday songs, food and good ol' fashioned gift exchange. This event takes weeks of planning...then in one second...I have to leave because my youngest is sick!

Don't get me wrong, I am more than happy to take care of my poor sweet girl, but it was just kind of anticlimactic to be in the room among our guests and have to bow out gracefully before it ever really started. (Although seeing the expression on my Vice President's face when I said I had to leave was priceless in and of itself!!)

So here I sit, catching up on my SCS blog group and snuggling with my little mini-space heater, a.k.a. my daughter!

Here is the re-worked version of my Minty Christmas card I asked for help on! You girls rock and thank you so much for all of your suggestions! I ended up going more monochromatic and I love the results. Had to add some bling because no card is complete without it! LOL


Posted by Picasa
Stamps: Minty Christmas and sentiment from Stampingbella.com
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, CM DSP, GP White
Ink: Nick Bantock Lamp Black by Ranger, Copics to color, SU Chocolate Chip for sentiment
Accessories: SU Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Red Stickles (berries and candy cane), Rhinestones from the 100 yen store!
Thanks for stopping in!

12 comments:

fishlips said...

So so Beautiful... Kids do always keep our lifes changing with any given second...So sorry you missed the party and I hope yoru Daughter (the little heater) is feeling better... I have a heater too but she is 17 and still loves to watch movies and sunggle with her Mom...

Jen said...

Sorry that you had to leave the party...no fun to miss the big event! I hope your daughter is feeling better. I am impressed that you are remaining determined and optimistic about your scrapbook pages for the year. I've given up! I'm going to at least try to finish a book for one of my kids this month, but I am completely totally off track from the plan I created in September.

Becki B said...

Wow Mama Monkey, what a difference, the other card was great, but this one ROCKS!!! I love that coffee cup. Shhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone, I am gonna just draw a coffee cup. Need some sayings tho. TFS!

Louise F NZ said...

This is beautiful! Love what you have done with the reworking.
Hope your little angel starts to feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the first card was pretty nice but the reworked one is awesome. Sorry to hear your little one is sick. Mine always seem to get sick when I am either super busy at work, or have a million things to do in the evenings. But, they're worth it. I'm pretty sure! LOL Just kidding. They are definately worth it. Hope she is feeling better soon.

gale said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colors on it. Sorry your baby is sick :( It's that time of year-I feel like I'm coming down with something too.

Unknown said...

I love this card! so pretty! Hope things settle for you soon!

Sankari W. said...

I love this reworked version of your card - it is just beautiful!!! seriously beautiful - love the colors and the ribbon and the bling!! TOTALLY love this card - and TOTALLY love the coffee cup!! its just beautiful!!!!

Tlbran said...

Beautiful card. Sorry you had to miss the dinner. Hope your daughter is feeling better.

Jen said...

The card is beautiful!

Just when you get a handle on things, life throws a curve ball. I love the quote "Life is what happens when you are busy making plans." It is a quote from one of the SU! stamp sets. I hope your DD is feeling better!

Amber (bambi64) said...

What a cute card. Love the simple layout.

Vanessa Middleton said...

Oh, I love this card!!! I bought that stamp and then never used it... so typical of me. Maybe next year? LOL