Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

It is officially Thursday here in Japan, so let me be the first to wish my American friends a very Happy Thanksgiving!

I had been wanting to ink up these mice for a while. Feeling they were more suited for a Fall card with the Pomegranates and all, I thought today would be a great day to make something with them.

The DSP is from SU and I think matches the image nicely! I have had my picture corner punch for a while and it had yet to be used, so I decided to add those to the corner.

The best part of this card is the stitching! I pulled out my Janome Sew-Mini (LOVE IT!) and stitched the paper. This little machine is 110% awesome! I cannot believe how well it works for the $35 I paid for it! (Please, no critiques on the wavy stitch lines! A seamstress I am NOT! Let's just say that part of it gives my card character! LOL) I also use it to sew my kid's patches on their Scout uniforms. Thankfully sewing in a straight line is not required for those! :)

Stamps: House Mouse Wreath Love
Ink: Adirondack Espresso, Cat's Eye Dune for edge distressing, Copics to color
Paper: Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, Autumn Vine DSP
Accessories: Copper Brads

Based on the SplitcoastStampers sketch SC120

Thanks for looking! Wishing you a day full of friends, family, and wonderfully yummy food!

12 comments:

Becki B said...

I love this card Mama Monkey. I didn't get a Janome, DH bought me a Singer that was on sale at Wal Mart. Haven't had a chance to use it yet as I have company. Love the HM!!

Louise, that's me!! said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!!!

Bonnie said...

WOW! You did an awesome job coloring on this. This is the cutest image. Well done.

scrappinmominky said...

Very cute card. I love the cute little mice. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Did you do a turkey and all the usual goodies?

I'm getting ready to go shopping in about an hour. I went to bed at 6:30 and woke up at midnight. I couldn't fall back asleep since I usually don't get 6 hours of sleep so I thought I would go visiting.

Have a great weekend.

Tessa said...

Very cute! The colors are great! Love the stitching - my mom is getting me a full sized Kenmore (very basic) sewing machine for Christmas! She is trying to rationalize the fact I plan on using paper in it and not fabric!

fishlips said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving...

Your card is stunning I love all your stitching too it's just fantastic....

Sankari W. said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! - sooooo cute!! LOVE that set of stamps and your coloring is spectacular! love the stitching! wow what a great detail!! LOVE your card!!!

jennifer said...

Ohhhh, how adorable! This is sooo sweet- and the sewing is just fine :) I love it!

Rachel Brumley said...

This card is so cute! Those mice are adorable and you did a fantastic job with the layout, color combinations and stitching!

Jen said...

Great job coloring! I love the choice of DSP you chose.

Do not worry about the sewing! At least you tried...I refuse;)

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Connie said...

OMG! How adorable is this Siobhan. Love the fall colors too.

theneon said...

Hi "Mama M" this is a perfect Thanksgiving card -- the colors are awesome and I love your execution (and stitching too). Congratulations on another stamp hitting the ink! (I have quite a few that need the same treatment.) Martha Kay