Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Very Hungry Caterpillar

You might recall a recent post where I shared an ad from our Craigslist equivalent. It was the one about the free piranha that tickled my funny bone. Well, ladies and gentlemen, we have one to top the free fish! I really did not think it was possible, but we do! And I must thank my friend Jill for alerting me to the ad...

Without further adieu, here it is:

There is a giant dead moth that died behind the screen to my front door. (I live in H-style housing so it is fairly well preserved). I would just go and throw it away, but I am terrified of it. My irrational phobia of insects makes me think that if I were to try to sweep it out the door, the chances that it would reanimate and fly at me are fairly high. However, common sense tells me it is very dead and has been sitting in the same place for over a week. I asked my husband to get rid of it, and he flat out refused, I think he is afraid of it too, though he insists he just doesn't like insects.
I thought I might try to give it to someone on here. Maybe you have a kid who is fascinated by these things, or maybe you disect insects for fun and pleasure. If so, I have the giant dead moth for you.
thank you for your time, at the very least, I hope you were amused by my posting.
first email gets it.. get it before it's gone.

Hope this made your day! I really could not begin to make things like this up!

I must add, it is very ironic that my youngest is studying caterpillars and how they grow up to be beautiful butterflies...or enormous moths that scare the bejeeses out of unsuspecting people just wanting to open the windows for some night air!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard! While I would NOT post this to Craig's List, I would definitely ask my husband to remove it for me! I cannot stop laughing!

There was something weird in the washer last evening, and I asked my DH to come inspect and remove. It LOOKED like it could be a weird, dead bug, but it turned out to be a dandelion.

Too funny! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe this story, what fun it must be to read the ads in your country!!!!! I love your blog Mama Monkey, keep up the good work! Go Niners! Boo Cowboys. LOL!

gale said...

Omg that is hilarious! I have seen some crazy things on craiglist posts.

Louise F NZ said...

ROTFLBO!!!!! You are so funny Siobella!