Monday, September 1, 2008

Another Asian Creation

I have been a card making fool lately! It is almost surprising I have not been threatened with divorce for the amount of time I have been at my craft table this week! LOL In all seriousness, my back kind of hurts from sitting in my chair so much! Ahh...what we must sacrifice!

So, this is my latest...I made it for my DH's grandparents as it was (eek! late again!!) their anniversary at the end of August. In addition, it fit the bill for a challenge my Pen Pal group is doing! Julie challenged us to make a card with our favorite set! I love Asian cards, so I chose Oriental Paintings. I had not used this stamp previously, so it was fun to try something new as well.

It is inspired by SCS's SC160 which I had been wanting to try for a while now. I started out with just versamark on the red background, but liked the contrast of the black in the end. DH said it looked a little busy with the black ink, but I thought it tied all the colors together. What do you think??

Stamps: SU Oriental Paintings, Asian Poetry BG
Ink: Palette Noir, Copics (G17, G14, R46, Y02, and 0)
Paper: all SU: Naturals Ivory, Basic Black, Brushed Gold, Real Red
Embellishments: Gold eyelets
Tools: Crop-a-dile, Score-Pal

Hope you enjoyed your long weekend!!

No comments: