Monday, August 11, 2008

Toot, Toot!

Shortly after we moved here in 2006, my husband was deployed to a very sandy location. (And I can assure you where he was there was no luau goin' on!) At any rate, I had some time on my hands in the evening after the kids went to bed. Rather than drink alone, I would typically spend that time scrapbooking or making cards.

My friend Jill (she keeps popping up here, huh?!) told me about SplitCoastStampers. SCS was my first exposure to a message board and I was hooked! I ended up getting into a big Pen Pal group and exchanging cards with 100+ ladies who live all over the world.

One of those Pen Pals kept encouraging me to send my cards into a magazine for publication. I honestly thought she was on the pipe...but then I thought what could it hurt? I mean, what is the worst that could happen? I could make someones day as they posted my card for the "Ugliest Submission of the Day" contest they probably have at the office. I wonder if they have a toilet seat frame up on the wall in the break room over the water cooler...

Anyway, fast forward to now and guess what? I am sitting at home reading the September 2008 issue of Scrap & Stamp Arts and...out of nowhere a card pops out at me.





Hummm...that looks vaguely familiar...

Wait! My card is in the issue!!!

I bet a disgruntled employee pulled a fast switch...she took mine out of the toilet seat frame and switched it for the good one! Heh...

2 comments:

Jill said...

Cute card Siobhanny! How neat, aren't you so honored!
~Jill

Kittykat said...

WooHoo! Mama Monkey, Congrats on your card making it in the issue. I'm one of your biggest fans. LOL

Kittykat