Tuesday, February 15, 2011

PWC141 Cards for Kiddos

With 3 kids in the house under 10 (for another day, anyway!) I am always in need of a birthday card for a child. Both of my girls are soooo into horses! Needless to say, when they saw this image from Paper Pretties, they were immediately enamored!

And just to elaborate so no one thinks anything bad, my son turns 11 tomorrow! I am not sending one off into the wildness for some boot camp...yet anyway. Heh. ;)

This week's challenge at Paper Pretties is to make a card for child! One random lucky participant will win the set ""Wade E Bug"" You do not need to use Paper Pretties stamps in order to play along, but if you do, you will get a bonus entry into the drawing! Please be sure to mention our challenge and link back to the Paper Pretties blog in your project posting. When uploading to SCS or PCP please use keyword PWC141.

Stamps: Horsin' Around
Paper: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Kraft, PTI Stampers Select White, patterned paper from my stash
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Accessories: Kaisercraft black rhinestones, Crystal Effects, Stickles, Distressing Tool, SU Scallop Border Punch, Seam Binding Ribbon


Horseplay is allowed...hope you play along!

21 comments:

Connie said...

That's cute Siobhan.

gale said...

Aw that is so cute!!

Carrie said...

too cute! no wonder they loved this image.

Becky said...

I love that horse! :)
Beautiful coloring.

Teresa Jenkins said...

So pretty! Love the glossy flower and almost missed the rhinestones... bet they are awesome IRL! Great coloring!

KER said...

cute horsie...great coloring...love all the elements of this card

Amanda said...

This is so cute! Love the layout and the image is really cute.

Cammi said...

I love the coloring - great card!

Diane Noble said...

What a fun-loving card! It's adorable. I'll have to check out Paper Pretties...when I get back home. Limited computer time while I'm at my son's helping with the unpacking. But was in the mood to browse and yours is one of the first blogs on my list! Totally cute kiddo card.

deb famularo said...

Horsin' Around- I love it!!!! You do awesome cards girl!
So we finally move next week. I can't wait. 5 months in a tiny apartment, we're all on each other's nerves here. FL didn't happen, wasn't meant to be I guess. That's okay though. We found a beautiufl house. And I'm dying for football season already!! Lovin' Coach Harbaugh! He's an old school, Bill Walsh kinda guy who doesn't see losing as an option- yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!! IS the losing streak finally coming to an end! Prayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! xoxo

Chris said...

what is it about little girls and horses? My daughter had it for horses too.
great card, one of your daughters will be very happy to get this and then you'll have to make another one for the other girl.

Carrie said...

This is so adorable!! What a cute image. Great kids card!

Tina Connolly said...

Cool card!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Lol, you're too funny!! Hope your son had a great birthday :)
That card is so, so cute! I love making kids cards. They're really fun to create and this one is fabulous!

Rhonda Langley said...

Cute image-good job with the coloring!

Becki B said...

Love the image too! great coloring and love the layout!

Pam~ said...

What an adorable horse image ... too cute! Now this is a great birthday card ... love it!

Anonymous said...

Very cute image!! Love that horse.

Jenn Embry said...

Great card. That image is wonderful. It made me laugh when I saw it. So cute!

Mary G. said...

This is such an adorable image!!!! Any cowboy or cowgirl would LOVE this!!! TFS!

Tigriswillreign said...

Wow! Love the colors and layout of this!