Friday, February 11, 2011

It all started with...

It all started with a confession on SCS about my little addiction to stamps. You see, I love stamps...those images just call out to me...ideas flutter in my brain...and then I find myself pulling the same sets to create with! I have so many stamps that have yet to see ink.

And you know what I found out? I am not alone!

So I got thinking, we all need a little kick in the booty to use what we have. My friend Sami used to run a segment on her blog called Use It Tuesday...I loved that name...and from there we developed our new challenge blog Use It Tuesday!


Our challenges will run twice a month and are not product or project specific, rather they will have a little twist to get you to use something you are hoarding! Our first challenge is up now and runs through the 18th of February. We are asking that to participate you use an image (digi or otherwise) that you have not used previously!

Here is the card I made for the challenge:

And we won't talk about how long I have had the March Word Puzzle sitting my shelf...I think it might even be retired now...eekkk!)

Stamps: March Word Puzzle (CTMH), Mini Card Creations II (SP & Company)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Whisper White (SU)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green (SU), Versamark
Accessories: American Crafts ribbon, SU Buttons & Linen Thread, Stickles, Clear Embossing Powder


Thanks for dropping by today! I hope you join us at Use It Tuesday!

10 comments:

Cammi said...

I love these tyoes of challenges! I have tried to be better at not buying a bunch of new stamps (but it is oh so hard!) when I have 10+ sets that I have yet to use! Sounds like fun - I'll have to follow along!

Teresa Jenkins said...

So what you are really saying is Use it Tuesday is a Hoarders Addiction group right :-)

Great card, had fun playing along, love the buttons and sparkle!

Pam~ said...

Great use of your stash! Love the buttons!

Carrie said...

i'm so glad you inked this stamp because i think this card is awesome

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Well, I know the March Word Puzzle has been retired for 2 years! I kept all 12 of the sets and they are still some of my favorite go-to stamps. Glad to see you got yours inky!

Nancy said...

What a great card... and I love the idea of the challenge... I am off to check out the link now!

Rhonda Langley said...

The ribbon and buttons go sooo well together! Nice card!

gale said...

What a great card. I have that ribbon, I think... it looks familiar.

Carrie said...

This is just darling!! I will definitely check out your challenge blog very soon!

Anonymous said...

I like that colorful ribbon. And that sparkly green button. Great card.