Thursday, October 14, 2010

Daisy Scout Kaper Chart, v. 2


I have a confession to make. Yes, I have a blog is mainly about cards and scrapbook pages. You know how many hits I get a month via a web search for Kaper Charts? This month...over 1,400!!

Yes, 1,400+ views for 2 posts that show my Kaper Charts... you Girl Scout Leaders are resourceful! And I hope that I inspired you, which is exactly why I shared in the first place!

This year I am honored to be my youngest daughter's leader. Although I must say, when I told here I was the leader, she responded with a super flat "Oh". **sigh** It starts already! :)

For the Kaper Chart, staying with my tradition, I used a normal piece of poster board. My vision was to design a daisy that had a task on each petal. To do that, I used my Cricut Gypsy, and skewed the oval from George a bit, then cut 8 of them. I cut the center of the daisy with my Creative Memories circle cutter. I had to add some bling, so I took my Versamark pad and added some Stampin UP Iridescent Ice embossing powder so the center is sparkly!

I used the Cricut to cut the letters, all from Printing 101. The butterflies and bugs are from Walk in My Garden.

The tasks I chose to be very basic. In case you cannot read them (you can click on the picture to make it bigger), they are: Pledge, Promise, Law, Song, Closing, Buddy and 2 Clean Ups. (Buddy is for the bathroom buddy)

Each girl has their name on a butterfly that is attached with velcro so I can move them around.

I would love to see what other leaders are doing! Please leave me a comment or a link so I can check it out!

Hope you have a wonderfully rewarding year!

Yours in Scouting,
The Mama Monkey

8 comments:

gale said...

haha! That's so funny. What a good idea to use the cricut for the chart. It turned out great!!

Tee McNeil Art said...

Of course you get tons of hits on these... this one is adorable!

I love all that you share with us and of course the name of your blog is awesome!

Gina Lindsay said...

Great job on this. I taught preschool for ages and ages and would always try to keep a visual reminder of all my little helpers and their jobs. I love this!

Becky said...

OH this is gorgeous, love the flower and the details.

Jennifer said...

This is awesome! I did a search not too long ago for it too ;) I need to make one for our first meeting on Sunday!! It might end up looking a lot like this one! I LOVE IT!!

Dana said...

LOVE yours! I am going to make mine this weekend for our first Daisy meeting. Would you mind sharing your .gypsy file? :)

Thanks for the awesome idea!

Guin said...

Great idea. This is my second year as a Daisy leader so I am ready to give the girls more resposibilty. I have 15 girls right now so I have to run a tight ship. However, I may make more jobs or partner the girls for one job.

lkutz said...

Thanks for the great idea! I thought I'd update our Daisy Kaper Chart from last year and this is perfect. Thanks again!