Friday, August 29, 2008

Stamp A Stack

Jill hosted a Stamp A Stack on Wednesday. I love these events because I can crank out a ton of cards in a few hours, I get to be creative with friends...and I get to go without the kids!

This event's theme was baby cards! It was a blast! We made 3 cards of each design in varying colors; I only took pics of one of each card, though. I love that Jill gives us the design and allows us some creative license when we throw it all together.

Card One:


Isn't this cute? I love how it looks like a read baby handprint! We did this card in Groovy Guava (shown), Soft Sky, and Apricot Appeal all with matching papers.


Card Two:

Love this one as well! These were monochromatic, but I made it a little different by stamping the saying in Close to Cocoa. We made these in Close to Cocoa (shown), Groovy Guava, and Soft Sky. They all have a cuttlebug embossed background in Swiss Dots.


Card Three:

The onesie card!! Ok, so this was my favorite! And they are soooo easy-peasy to make! We did these in white (shown), pink, and blue. We used the Wild For You stamp set with inks and markers. I just love how the giraffe came out! Unfortunately for me, I don't have this stamp set...yet!!! I must have it now! I enjoyed the direct to stamp marking technique. It is one that I kind of forgot about. BTW, do you like how the brads at the bottom are little buttons?


Card Four:


Last but surely not least was this 6x6 card. We made them in pink and blue as well. In fact, this card was completely monochromatic! I loved it but thought the animals might pop more with some color! I colored it with copics and I am happy with the end product!
Hope everyone is having a great long weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: